Budgeting and DIY Tips to help you prepare for the big day
Top 10 tips
- If possible avoid the high season.
- Talk to other brides to get some ideas.
- Cut the cake – most people forego the wedding cake after a big wedding meal, so cut down on the tiers.
- Go with flowers that are in season and get to know your florist, they may have some great deals for you.
- Dress down the gown – yes we know this is an important part for the bride, but whose going to see the label. There are some great second hand boutiques that have great bargains on designer gowns at a fraction of the cost.
- Who needs a favour – do your guests really remember what they got as a wedding favour. If you want a personal touch buy some truffles and wrap them yourself, rope in your friends and family it will make them feel part of the day too.
- The invitations – there are some great DIY options available and your guests appreciate it all the more.
- Be different! use non floral fillers. Mix fruit with flowers to create a beautiful centerpiece or ask for extra greenery to fill out the arrangement at a lower cost.
- Limit your bridal party, it is amazing how much you will save on bridesmaid dresses and gifts.
- Rather than hiring a car ask someone you know to escort you to the church instead.